sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have two questions Re my 1989 844 2.7 Porsche, I will

Customer Question

Hi i have two questions Re my 1989 844 2.7 Porsche
JA: Are you fixing your 944 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will attempt to do the repair myself if no to difficult, 1st my sun roof is not operating, I can hear the motor but no movement, 2nd my central locking works intermittently how can i resolve?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Auto 93000 miles
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not at the moment.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you jose for responding, hope you can help.

Dear customer, I think it would be good to start with the most basic thing which is check both relays, the one for the central locking system and the one for the roof, go to the fuse and relay box under the dash and when you activate both the central locking system and the roof you are going to hear a click from the relays that are being activated, with your hand you will detect which of these is the one that is activated and proceed to replace them. This is the first step.

Second, it is very similar but you are going to try another battery because the battery you have may not have enough energy to move the roof, you can test the battery of the other vehicle that fits without having to buy a new one.

It starts with this, which is the most basic thing.