VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.

CP325W printer. Have just put in new ink packs and left side

CP325W printer. Have just put in new ink packs and left side of printed page very pale. Have tried putting them in again, but no difference!  I have a client coming in for next hour - should we postpone or can I come back to you after I have finished and presumably you will have answered me??!!

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"CustomerSystems :

Ok, firstly I would postpone the meeting if the steps do not work....

What version of Windows are you using???

I was unable to get back to this thread yesterday. Please if you would answer the OS question above... Thank you...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

windows 7

Ok, thank you... Please see below:

Using Windows 7 to clean the heads of your Printer

1. Open the Printers or Printers and Faxes folder.

For detailed instructions on this step see How to open the Printers or Printers and Faxes folder in Windows for detailed instructions.

2. Right-click on the icon for your printer and select Printing Preferences.

Example: Windows Vista

3. This will display the Printing Preferences window.
  4. Click on the Maintenance (or Utility) tab.

5. Click on Head Cleaning. This will launch the utility.
  6. Click Start and wait for the printer to finish the first cleaning cycle.

Head Cleaning Process

Never turn off the printer while the On light is flashing. Doing so may damage the printer.

7. Click Print Nozzle Check Pattern. This procedure will confirm the effectiveness of the head clean. You can also access the print Nozzle Check option from the Maintenance or Utility menu.

8. Click Print.

9. The printer will print a nozzle check. Compare the print out with the next window. If there are gaps, the print out is faint, click Clean, and then Finish when the procedure is complete.

• If the nozzle check is complete, click Finish.
  • If there are gaps or faint print on your printout click Clean.

If gaps are still present, perform another head clean (without printing a nozzle check between the cleans). Once the second clean is complete, power off the printer.

Wait one minute before powering it back on, then print a nozzle check. Compare the printout with the example window (above).

• If it is complete, click Finish.
  • If there are gaps or faint print on your printout carry out another set of head cleans.
  • I recommend only a maximum of six head cleans.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure where you are - I'm in UK and problem is at my consultingrooms (and I'm now home!) When you give me some steps to try I will have to try them first thing tomorrow when I get back to work. Hope that's OK with you. I'm desperate to solve the problem, so hope it is!!

Not a problem, I can wait on the 'morrow for your results. Have a Nice day....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That looks great - I shall get to it as soon as I get in in the morning. Thanks for being patient re time differences. I shall come back to you as soon as I've done everything you suggest. I have rated you so you get paid, but hope you'll still let me come back if I'm still struggling???

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have faltered at the beginning - right clicking icon got to printing preferences but no maintenance tab only paper, graphics, advanced, Samsung. Tried to printscreen for you, but can't upload to the message. Have checked all the tabs, but no head cleaning provision.

OK.... Another option to be posted in a few hours...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks!!

Just to be sure, your printer is the CLP - 325W or the
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

clp 325 W

Thank you... That clears things up...

Video Instruction for you:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks. Missed your reply last night as my home computer has joined the electronic war against me!!!!

Lol, afortnight of fun for you Sir or Ma'am...