How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Freddy M. Your Own Question
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Category: Printers
Satisfied Customers: 18409
Experience:  Years of experience
Type Your Printers Question Here...
Freddy M. is online now

We have an older printer at our home which is an SX425W(?)

This answer was rated:

We have an older printer at our home which is an SX425W(?) and we have a paper jam which on the face of it is difficult to rectify. Any suggestions?
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Where in the machine is the paper jammed?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the paper is stuck just after it was fed into the machine under the roller and you cannot reach it. I cannot see if the printer can be opened up?

Raise the scanner unit of the machine, if the paper reached this side you should be able to remove it from here. Did it reach this side? Unfortunately you can not open the machine any other way. If it did not reach this side you would need to use something like a long pair of tweezers or long needle nose pliers to remove the paper. You will want to remove it very slowly so it does not damage anything. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I tried everything to remove but the paper appears to be stuck under the feed and as I said nothing seems of any help. Any other suggestions?

Unfortunately if that does not work you would need to completely dismantle the machine and there are no guides or schematics for that. You would need a plastic separation took to remove the plastic panels and both a phillips and torx screwdriver (either screw type is used on most models). Some screws would be under the plastic panels and sometimes are under square pieces of plastic. This is not something I suggest trying if you have never done it before. A local technician will normally charge about 30 minutes labour for this since no parts should be needed. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.'
Freddy M. and 4 other Printers Specialists are ready to help you