Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 the LED has just gone off screen

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 the LED has just gone off screen and I am unable to scan print, copy or fax
It is working in every other respect.
I have contacted HP who have offered me a £40 voucher to get another one which seems to be a waste as this is one of the best printers,
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the printer and then wait 10 minutes (so disconnect it from the power socket).
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me if the LED now comes on for the screen please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ihave done that will type you a result in ten minutes thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am on skype . sorry
no problem, just let me know the results here please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the printer is still not working that is the L.E.D light I lost you because the find an answer company took two lots of cash from me what is going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Richard are you still on line ?
I do not know where you want, I have been here the whole time.
Do you still see the text if you shine a torch on the screen?
Yes I am here, please allow at least a minute
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can see nothing now before I switched the printer off I could here the machine working but not see anything . Now nothing is lit up and I can not hear anyhing
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. The printer was running on cached memory and when it restarted it lost this and completed the failure. This was bound to happen
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have the mainboard replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.