Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

Epson WF-3620 Printer error 0xF1

Epson WF-3620 Printer error 0xF1
Can you tell me, if the cartridges can move freely or not ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, printer does not work, but on opening I can move cartridge case by hand
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not wish to call youAre you going to answer my question?
There is no need to call me, that was an optional service. The problem you are facing is a mechanical fault and in most of the cases it is caused due to defective carraige motor or due to any broken gear in the carraige mechanism and that is why, the cartridges do not move automatically. But, as you can move them by your hand, it seems the carraige motor is defective, otherwise you will not be able to move them with hand. Now, the replacement cost of the motor is too high in comarision to the price of a new printer, as the price of new printers are going down, day by day.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The screen states error Code 0xF1 and says "see your documentation" but guide does not mention this particular code
That is because the problem is related to a part, which is not user replceable and honestly speaking, the documentation here means the service manual, which are only available in the service centers and when they see this error code, they just take the service manual for this printer and check, what the error code indicates, as there are thousands of codes like this, which a printer can display.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I needed to print something pretty urgently, hence I followed your suggesstion and bought
a new printer. I am going to check the Epson when I have more time to determine the exact reason
for failure, such knowledge is always useful.Sincerely,