Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Dell Photo 924, since putting a black cartridge in properly,and

Dell Photo 924, since putting a black cartridge in properly,and making sure all the connections are in properly as they were before, the printer start button will only light up just before the end of the lift up to replace a cartridge. Both leads are inserted properly.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Afraid no different
ok, if you put the old cartridges back in, do you still get the issues with these? I want to see if a faulty cartridge is causing this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No different
ok, remove the cartrisges and look in where they go into in the printer. Do you see any spilt ink at all, especially around the contact areas.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No both are really clean
ok, and before lifting up the lever there is no power to the printer at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I switch the computer on there is the normal sound that indicates that the printer is on, but no light comes on
so the LCD panel is blank correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
By which I assume you mean the control panel of the printer which does not work as there is no light on
Correct, but even though there is no Light, can you see any text on it at all still?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Thank you It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. It is not the power board as you indicating it is doing the initialization process when starting which confirms the mainboard as being at fault I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thankyou for the excellent service.
Your most welcome Glyn.If you need anything else, please let me know.And please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.Thank you