Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

Epson Stylus D88 - I put a new black cartridge in two days

Epson Stylus D88 - I put a new black cartridge in two days ago. Now, when I switch on, I get the ink light & paper light flashing together but no green light at the 'on' switch.
Not had this happen before! Printer is about 10 years old!
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. At 10 years old, your printer might simply be 'broken', unfortunately. 10 years old is near a record time for a printer to work. That light combination signifies a severe-enough error. Is your printer plugged in to a surge protector, or is it plugged directly into the mains on the wall ? Check on your printer as it reports itself to your computer, though the Epson Status Monitor on your computer - what does that indicate? Check for a paper jam in the paper path through your printer. Also, was the ink cartridge an Epson-OEM-original cartridge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Russell – that’s fine; no more questions.
Thank you for consulting feel welcome to return at any time, and as needed, to ask another question, in any one of our numerous categories.