Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors

Not printing from computer - seems to have lost contact

not printing from computer - seems to have lost contact

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

how's the printer connected to the computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

7, 8 or 10?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - 10

unplug the printer usb cable and check the physical usb cable and connect it correctly on both ends after that open devices and printer and let me know when you are there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
USB cable disconnected and reconnected
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything switched on

click on the start button select search and type in devices and printer then you click on the icon to open it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find my Canon MS Duo in the system - can it have unaccountably been wiped?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got the printer now

what is the make and model of the printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
canon MG4250

Click here to download the driver software and install it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Michelle - were you sending me a link?

have already send refresh your page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
download complete

Install it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tested and working !!

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time we spent in. Thank you for using our service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks - Can you tell me precisely what I am being charged? I want just to make a one-off payment

we do not have billing info of customers as per privacy policy. If you need to check please contact customer care for the same

Anything else i may assist you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do still have a problem: I can print documents but nothing from the internet or emails. Can you help.

sure i can help you with that

when you try to print an email, please check that does the printer name show up in the print window that pops up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Although I have downloaded and installed Canon MG4250 from the link you sent me - it seems always to default to MC4200 and so does not print!.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I cannot find MG4250 in my printer list.

on the computer, open control panel..devices and printers...if you see the canon printer listed..right click on it and select set as default

if its not listed, click on add printer on the top

then follow the onscreen add printer wizard and add the printer

once added, right click and set as default

once you have set it as default, try printing email and check if the default printer shows as mg4250 or not