Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I HAVE A EPSON WF-4630 PRINTER THAT HAS HORIZONTAL

I HAVE A EPSON WF-4630 PRINTER THAT HAS HORIZONTAL STREAKS/REGULAR BANDING. I HAVE CARRIED OUT THE SUGGESTED PROCEEDURE IN THE ON-LINE HANDBOOK AND AN ERROR CODE:Ox97 APPEARS ON PRINTER DISPLAY SCREEN. BUT HANDBOOK DOES NOT GIVE ANY WAY TO PROCEDE TO CURE THE PROBLEM. CAN YOU HELP PLEASE?

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi ***** error code referred to a paper jam which has now been cleared. The main problem now is that horizontal streaks 3mm wide and at regular intervals of 33 mm, appear down the page, as if the ink is not getting through the print head properly. I have run the print head cleaning procedure 5 times with only a small improvement being seen. Also I have run the print head alignment procedure 5 times without much improvement. Your advice would be appreciated.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Richard
I have now tried just about everything without making much progress. I have decided that the best thing to do is to scrap the machine and by a replacement. Thanks for your help and advice.

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirm it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.