Sudipto
Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My printer says set PC to start scanning. Cant remember how

my printer says set PC to start scanning. Cant remember how to do this. Thanks
Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: printer is Cannon mg5550 probably about 4 years old
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Laptop Acer Aspire E14 Windows 10
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't tried scanning since I bought this Laptop about a year ago. Put the document on the printer pressed scan and the message came up saying set PC
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Cant think of anything

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Can you tell me the exact error message?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Printer message when I press scan says. Set PC to start scanning and I can't remember how to do it as I have a different laptop an Acer Aspire E 14

To scan using the control panel of the printer, you need to start or configure the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX program on your PC, you can follow the steps from the link below to do that.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART116005&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1516572030150