Syseng, Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft Certified with over 17 years experience in system integration and development

Assistant: What seems to be the problem? can you help me

Assistant: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: can you help me with my printer pixma ip 7250 have installed new cyan catridge inside the printer but am getting error 1660 now when i want to print something
Assistant: I'm trying to find the right Printer Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: okay thanks
Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: second
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: i am using canon pixma ip7250 , my operating system is windows 10
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i am setting my printer for the first time,
Assistant: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: i am uing edible cyan ink on the refilable catridges

My name is David.

Refillable ink cartridges are often the cause of this problem because they have a built in counter that the printer uses to determine the number of uses until the cartridge is no longer accepted by the printer. However, since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as that may resolve the issue. First remove the ink cartridge you just replaced. Unplug the printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Then leave the printer for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer, plug the ink cartridge back in and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried what you have sayed but it didnt help, i am using my printer for the first time actualy never tried printing anything before, i have for the first time put refilable cyan cartridge inside the printer and tried to print some blue letters on the wordpad but i am getting an error Suport code 1660 , The folowing ink tank cannot be recognized. On the cyan cartridge red light is constantly turned on.

The printer manufacturers all build their printers and ink cartridges with counters in them to help ensure that people purchase their ink cartridges and their printers (when the counter runs out on the printer).

I will call momentarily....

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I dont know if i have genuine cannon refilable ink catridges i got tehm from ebay actualy.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have sent you a picture of my refilable ink catridges in the attachement

Ok thanks - reviewing now

The call is not going through so trying again.

I would recommend getting a genuine Canon ink cartridge, in this case only the Cyan, just to clear the error. Once the error is cleared, you can try using the refillable cartridges again. I keep the genuine cartridges on hand with my printer for error conditions like this to clear errors, then swap them out for the refillables. There are machines that can read the counter and status of cartridges however they are not worth the expense to purchase unless you refill and sell cartridges for a business. So instead you need to alternate cartridges to clear errors, and use the power down/power up procedure to clear errors to use the refillable cartridges.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok so from what i understood i should first use your procedure to power down my canon pixma ip7250 and then power it up instal genuine cyan ink catridge put something to print to clear the error and then swap the genuine ink for my refilable cyan catridge with edible cyan ink, did i get it right.

Yes, that is correct. The trouble is that the error and the sequence used to get the refillable cartridges working can change - for example, I have refillable cartridges that work however the printer is not able to read the ink level - It is inconvenient but the cartridges do work so I just use them until they run out of ink. The next time I use the same cartridge an error may appear or it may function the same way, and then I use a genuine Canon cartridge in a combination of the actions mentioned earlier to get the refillable working again.

Make sure to also use the ink prescribed by the people that sold you the refillable cartridges - if not using the ink they recommend, that may cause issues as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hmm i bought the refilable ink catridges from the ebay, i am actualy using specialy chosen edible cyan ink in my refilable catridges, i dont know how would that mix in the printer itself if i would be using very small amonout of ink from genuine canon catridges that have industrial non edible ink for error clearing print ??

I understand - the edible ink does introduce an additional factor to consider.

That being the case, while the printer is powered on, remove the cartridge and make sure that the area of the cartridge that interfaces with the printer is clear of debris and also that the area in the printer where the cartridge is installed is clear of debris, then plug the cartridge back in - let me know if the error still occurs.

Another procedure that may clear the error is to leave the printer powered on, remove the cartridges (all of them) then plug them back in (starting with the cartridge that is not working) then check to see if the error still appears.

If still not working, remove all ink cartridges, power down the printer, power up the printer, then install the cartridges and if the error does not occur leave the printer powered on.

Please let me know if any of those procedures resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
okay i will do that but i am actualy right now only using one refilable cyan ink catridge put into the printer i dont need other colors except the blue one.

Ok, so no other cartridges are installed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i didnt install other catridges att all, only cyan one.

When you perform the procedure, install the other cartridges, and leave them empty (if they are empty) as that may clear the error as well because the printer is designed to operate with all cartridges installed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
okay that worked i have installed all 5 refilable cartridges 4 of which are empty and 1 is filled cyan now i am no longer getting any error, the error 1660 is no longer present thanks for the tip, Bu now am getting new problem whenever i want to print something from wordpad in blue i am getting no color on the paper itself its actualy all blank.

Run the print head nozzle cleaning process which should prime the printer and get rid of any nozzle blockage. To do that in Windows, click the Windows Start button then the Search box and type Printers and the Printers or Devices and Printers utility in the Control Panel should appear - click on it to open the utility. Right click on the printer and select Printing Preferences, then the Maintenance tab, then the Cleaning button and run that a couple times then test printing again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have runned nozzle cleaning process, i have done both cleaning and deep cleaning but nothing the printer is still not printing anything the a4 paper is blank

Run a test print page and let me know if it prints anything.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
done the print test page , but again its not printing anything just a blank page
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
heya so do you have any idea what next ?

My apologies for the delay.

Check the ink cartridge and see if it is using any ink when you run the cleaning cycle. The deep cleaning especially should be using ink.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not sure if it used any of the ink it looks like it used a little ink like a one milimeter or two milimeters, maybe thats just the spunge more absorbing ink idk.

Usually the deep cleaning uses more ink than that. If the sponge is not yet saturated with ink then run the deep cleaning a few more times and then try to print.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tried multiple times deep cleaning it didnt work , again printer doesent print anything and it just releases blank paper page. i am going to take it tomorow in the canon service.

Ok then if they are not able to resolve the issue and you need further assistance to get it working just let me know.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I got my printer pixma ip 7250 finaly working i have done installed all the cartridges inside the printer and filled them all with colors and then the printer started working.
Also since we never spoke by the phone can you refund me the phone call ?