Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering

Printer jammed when trying to use 6x4 photo paper. message

printer jammed when trying to use 6x4 photo paper. message code B200 contact service centre. Nothings moving or working, even after unplugging and turning on again.
Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: MG5250 code B200
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7 home premium
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Earlier put 6x4 photo in back feeder, not cassette, and printer jammed. I was able to get paper out easily but message Printer error has occured...
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: No

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll do that

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just plugged printer back in. No difference

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, I'll try this

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't get to the inks as they are on the extreme right of the printer and I cant move the part over

Remove the power to the printer, then move it to the middle by hand to access it please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I remember I did change the blue ink shortly before the jam and it was a bit messy!

ok, let me know how you go please with the cleaning

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did the cleaning and switched on again. Seemed all ok until i tried a test print. The same message came up again along with an ink low reminder

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Printer no longer under warranty. Can you suggest whether it's repairable?

It will not be worth it for this printer, the cost to repair it would exceed the value of the printer, especially with the prices the printers are currently.

Outside of the warranty it is not economically feasible to repair sorry

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your help. Googling best buys!

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.