Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering

Streaky prints, low quality photo printing Assistant: What's

Streaky prints, low quality photo printing
Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Canon MG7550, 18 months, sparingly used
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Win 10 64 bit
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: normally we print onto standard paper, tried using it for hi res photos, notice problem
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: We had a sw problem that we could not resolve, the printer was returned to Canon, took about 3 weeks, on return it worked ok but we did not try it on hi res

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Richard, Still the same.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still the same

It is the printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.