Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Assistant: How can we be of help? My XP-315 was not used for

Customer Question

Assistant: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: My XP-315 was not used for a long period it started to print very weak colors, then almost Nothing...
Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: I EPSON XP-315
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I tried to check/clean the nozzles using epson utilities with no effect
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: PC Windows 10 it oly printed weak red patterns
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I cleaned the nozzles using cleaning kit, with isopropanol ink diluter, as cleaning fluid flows to the tissue placed over the carriage it seemed free of dry ink but since that I get only white pages...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hello,Yes I still need help for this problem
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I already paid 22 € for an answer...
Expert:  Josh replied 30 days ago.

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
printer is 3 years old
Expert:  Josh replied 29 days ago.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one.