Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a Puxma 5750 as I was changing the ink cartridges it

Customer Question

I have a Puxma 5750 as I was changing the ink cartridges it jammed. I turned it on it’s side to unjam it an da small white plastic piece with a boule of grooves on it fell out. Since then paper has been jamming in the machine - it keeps on getting stuck on the left hand side and tearing.
Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Josh replied 1 month ago.

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 30 days ago.

Unplug the power cord

Use your hand to manually move it across and remove any jams

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I have done this - continually and it keeps on jamming.
Expert:  Josh replied 29 days ago.

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Two years old
Expert:  Josh replied 29 days ago.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one.