Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Engineer
Experience:  MS Electrical and Computer Engg.
16465236

I have a Puxma 5750 as I was changing the ink cartridges it

Customer Question

I have a Puxma 5750 as I was changing the ink cartridges it jammed. I turned it on it’s side to unjam it an da small white plastic piece with a boule of grooves on it fell out. Since then paper has been jamming in the machine - it keeps on getting stuck on the left hand side and tearing.
Is there anything I can do?
Winnie
Category: Printers
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
please
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Unplug the power cord

Use your hand to manually move it across and remove any jams

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have done this - continually and it keeps on jamming.
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Two years old
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one.