Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I bought a HP color LaserJet 2550 printer. there is a leaked

Customer Question

I bought a HP color LaserJet 2550 printer. there is a leaked toner in it. It prints sometimes and misses other times. the print which comes out is covered with the print of the powder. Also when it prints, the is a loud screeching sound comes out of it. It has been sitting for quiet a while before being used.
I'll appreciate if you could help me here.Khan.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

That sounds to me very much as if you needed to replace the toner cartridge for the color that is leaking toner. If the toner is a given color, then replace the cartridge for that color.

The screeching sound is probably a defective cartridge with a almost-stuck bearing in it, that rotates with reluctance as the machine drives it. That cartridge also should be replaced, before the motor is burned out or other problems arise owing to the stress of driving an almost-stuck cartridge bearing. It might be the same cartridge that is leaking... it might be a different cartridge. Try the cartridge of the color that is leaking, first, and see whether that cures the screeching also.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Russell,
I 'll follow the instructions you have given here. The leaking toner is not just one given colour. It seems as all the colours are leaking at the left corner of the toner cartridge. I can see Yellow, Blue and even Magenta leaking. Every time the cartridge takes a turn, different colour toner starts spilling from the same place. So I don't think there is a problem with one colour. So what do you suggest.
Btw Once I have my printer fixed, I'll be more than happy to rate your help with 5-star rating. Its a promise.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Russell,
I will surely love to call you, but I have already paid 15 pounds and haven't been sorted yet.
Do you not think its too soon to ask for further 21 pounds at this stage rater being a bit sympathetic.
I'll get a new toner and see how you help me there. Yet I am not fully pleased with the response
yet specially after the guaranty I was given to get my problem sorted.
Muhammad

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

I'm sorry that it bothered you. If you don't wish to have me continue to try to help you, no response is necessary, of course.

I hope the new toner helps! And be sure to let me know in Reply, how it turns out, please. Thank you.

Also - if the toner seems to be leaking from every color of multiple colors - try re-seating the cartridges more firmly. Perhaps they are a bit loose.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Russell,
Thanks for your advice. I think there is something wrong with the toner cartridge because even when I lift it out, the
toner powder is spilling out of the corner even when its out of the printer. You know what i mean by that.
Other thing, I never said that i don't wish you not to help me in sorting out the printer. Sorry you probably misunderstood me there. I would really love you to help me further till I have the problem sorted
I will really appreciate that and thanks for your help so far.
Hope you don't disapper on me.
Muhammad

You're welcome, Muhammad. My respects for your courtesy; I am glad to hear that my further assistance and advice with this problem with the printer, is welcomed.