Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Printer error. for details see your documentation error code

Customer Question

Printer error. for details see your documentation error code 0xF1
Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Yes. Epson XP-322
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: apple I pad
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: at least a week I’m not very good at fixing things
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: not thatI can think of
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Waiting for expert
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

That error can be caused by various factors in practice. Here are the things to do, in brief summary, to try to fix it yourself, before either replacing the printer or having it service-repaired:

- pull the power plug on it, disconnect it from the computer if it has an USB cable leading to it (or if a wireless printer, shut down the computer that prints to it) ...and then leave it that way for an hour, then try it again.

- check that there is nothing obstructing the cartridge carrier/carriage from moving freely back and forth - gently try to move the carriage, while it is Off and unplugged, but don't force it, after examining the interior of the printer for loose parts, packing material, paper scraps, etc. that might be obstructing it. Also check for a cartridge that might not be well-seated, which can sometimes cause this error by blocking the cartridge carrier / carriage motion.

- after that, you can also try doing an uninstall of the Epson XP-322 printer's drivers, then restart the computer, then install the Epson XP-322 printer's drivers afresh.

After which, if the error persists obstinately, you have a printer whose carriage is sensed (probably correctly) as not moving in response to the printer's efforts to move it - and whether circuitry or mechanical failure, it will need to be either replaced or service-repaired.

(How old is your printer? if within a year of its purchase date, that would give you warranty-covered free-of-charge repair by Epson as a way to deal with the problem. Let me know if that's the case and I will give you the specifics of how to get that process going.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.