JamesI
JamesI, Engineer
Experience:  With over 15 years in the IT industry I can answer your questions about thermal, laser and deskjet printers.
75967336

I have a canon printer pixma iP7200. All the print heads

Customer Question

I have a canon printer pixma iP7200. All the print heads have been thoroghouly cleaned and fresh cartridges inserted. Still it refuses to print. Why
Category: Printers
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Does the page go through the printer as if it was printing but you get no ink, or do you get a error message?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the page goes through the printer but there is no ink mark or error message showing
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not wish to pay an extra £21 just to call you. You have already taken £17 from me without giving me an answer. Do I get the feeling this is a con?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If this is a free trial then why have you asked me to pay an initial payment of £17 for?
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

I dont have viability to your account there is normally a free trial period for membership, cant comment about why your being asked to pay for a question.

Do contact customer services on 0***-***-**** who can explain the payment and organise a refund if required.

With regard to your printer this sounds like a hardware fault, how did you clean the print head?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have no intention of paying you an extra £21 just to call you. As to the ref. of the printer I removed the heads from the printer and washed the heads thoroughly until there was no more ink coming out, dried the heads, replaced them and introduced new cartridges into each holder. Still the printer refuses to print
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

The option for a phone call is just an automated advert you can discard it if you dont require a call.

In terms of the print head issue, if after cleaning the print heads its still not printing then its worth checking the contacts on the print head and print caddy are clean and free of debris, and if ok, then your looking at replacing a print head.

A new print head can be sourced for around £40 from here.

Please let me know if you need anything further