Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Engineer
Experience:  MS Electrical and Computer Engg.
16465236

Epson XP-760 printer. The printer works on it's own when I

Customer Question

Epson XP-760 printer. The printer works on it's own when I place an object on it to scan and print. I've checked the ink levels and replaced some. Yet it won't print when I press the print button on the computer. I've checked the connections between the computer and the printer, but when I press the print command nothing happens. There is no indication of what , if anything, is wrong. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Is your computer a pc or a mac? What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think the problem relates to when Microsoft 10 was upgraded recently. Someone suggested that I down load a Epson printer install program again, which may be causing the problem. Do you think this is worth trying?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've already paid you £29 by Credit Card and don't see why I should have to pay again.
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 months ago.

You do not have to pay again. You may have received an offer for Premium Services. This offer is generated automatically by the system and may be ignored. The problem can usually be resolved without a Secure Remote Assistance session.

To correct the connection problem with your printer, we will need to remove your print server icon, uninstall your printer software, restart your computer, and download and install the latest drivers for your printer from the official manufacturer's support website. I can show you how to do this interactively. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If you send me details of what to do in simple stages as I'm not that experienced in sorting out computer problems, I'll like to try that first. If it doesn't work out I may need to call you.

Before we start you need to understand this: It is important to remove the printer software from the operating system completely before downloading and installing new software, because if the computer finds any of the old drivers on the hard drive it will reinstall them instead of installing the new drivers that were downloaded from the internet.

Please open the Control Panel desktop app on our computer. Do you know how to do this?