Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My epsom wp2650 is displaying error OxF3. over the last few

Customer Question

my epsom wp2650 is displaying error OxF3. over the last few days the power has been turned off several times and it has not cleared.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

How old is your Epson printer, please?

Was this error preceded by any event, e.g. the printer taken out of storage, or a paper jam, or a change of cartridge, or anything else?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The printer is 1 year old and it was after an ink cartridge change.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Try this: Take all ink cartridges out, and set them on their sides on a fresh doubly-folded paper towel, to prevent ink staining on the surface or table.

Then, without closing up the printer, pull the power plug.

Then, examine the interior of the printer for any sign of any loose parts, debris, paper scraps, etc., that might be blocking the works.

Then after 5 minutes or so (close to that amount of time, to prevent the ink cartridges from drying out) plug the printer into the power again, and turn it On if need be. Wait for it to initialize and complain (hopefully) about the printer being open, and/or no cartridges in it.

If it simply repeats the 0XF3 error again, the printer will most likely need repair-servicing, or replacing.

If it does not immediately show 0Xf3, then try putting in just one ink cartridge - then close up the printer, and see whether it now shows the 0Xf3, or just repeats a demand for missing cartridges... and so forth, one cartridge at a time, until it either shows the 0Xf3 again, or it is - hopefully - working once again.

(If the error is not fixed, try to recall whether the printer is 1 year, or just less than 1 year, from its original purchase date, please.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have done this effort still displayex

So then, there was no occurrence of the error related to inserting a particular cartridge?

Then the printer is defective, and would require either repair-servicing, or else replacement, I regret having to tell you. But no other conclusion is possible, I don't think.

If the printer is less than 1 calendar year from its purchase date, though, you may have it serviced for free under warranty terms by Epson, by contacting Epson UK at https://www.epson.co.uk/contactus

Be sure to have proof of purchase date (e.g. sales receipt slip or credit card records of the purchase) at hand, before contacting Epson UK. They will give you the rest of the details as to how to prepare it and where to take it or ship it.

(If the printer is over 1 year from purchase date, replacing it would be an option as well as repairing it.)