JamesI
JamesI, Engineer
Experience:  With over 15 years in the IT industry I can answer your questions about thermal, laser and deskjet printers.
75967336

We have a perennial problem of how to get the colour

Customer Question

we have a perennial problem of how to get the colour matching correct between the image on the computer screen and the printed image.... how do we achieve a match?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Patrick, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

It rather depends if the issue is the printer or the screen, as many screens have different processors.

In most cases it requires you using a image processor to apply a filter, as the basic range of Epson printers such as the 1500W does not have calibration to shift the shade of images.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James,
Thanks for your response.Can you give me some more information about these filters, I assume it's just a tonal overlay on top of the file which I'd then need to test/trial to find a colour match? Where would I find these filters and at what stage would they be applied?My printer has been 100% accurate in the past so I know it is capable of printing correct colours however it seems to have stopped doing so!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

If this is a recent change rather than a problem since day one, have you recently changed the ink cartridges used?

Secondly have you tried printing from another device just to rule out a faulty driver.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have used the same ink cartridges and paper for the last two years. I suspect the issue is coming somewhere down the line from Photoshop file > Printing.
We are using the ICC profiles provided by the paper supplier, a calibrated retina monitor and genuine inks. I just feels like the printer sometimes decides not to read the file correctly resulting in greens looking blue and over/undersaturated colours all over the print.Yes we have tried using various devices to print from but can't seem to get it right yet!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

The image should always be the same regardless of the the device printed from them (as long as its the same file).

If we know the file is consistently printing in the same way it would most likely be a fault on the print head, there isnt really a way to verify this other than change it so would be reluctant in recommending changing the print read.

You asked about filters these are explained in the page here.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Ive not heard back from you do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we do…. we have been away…. will get back to you shortly Patrick
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need anything further after reading the page above about applying filters.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

I havent heard back from you Patrick, can the question be closed?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

Ive not heard back to you in some time do you need anything further before I close the case?