Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Is software needed to make my Epson SureColor P800 printer

Customer Question

Is software needed to make my Epson SureColor P800 printer compatible with the Mac OS HighSierra 10.13.4 computer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have just done as you said but I'm afraid that the skin tone is decidedly red on the print. Today, I got an update for my computer so it is now 10.13. 5 and not 10.13.4 as previously stated.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot talk to you now as it's way past my bedtime. Will change to the call system tomorrow
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My question was about software to marry my printer to my computer. Thank you but I think you missed the point of my query. Rather disappointed I must say.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

As I initially said, yes it is.. so the issue is with the printer which is what I am trying to fix, I am not missing the point, as the point is to get your printer working again, I am sorry if this approach disappoints you.