Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

The printer is showing error 0xf1 and the scanner light bar

Customer Question

Hi there! The printer is showing error 0xf1 and the scanner light bar appears to be jammed in the middle of the glass panel
Assistant: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson Xp 422
Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I was actually just trying to use the scan fraturs
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just started copying a document and it stopped and started beeping an alarm and came up with that warning
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: It’s coming up “ printer error. Turn off and on power. For details see your documentation. Error code: 0xF1”... when you turn it off and back on again it makes a high pitch squealing noice as if something is jamming in the mechanics
Category: Printers
Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

Hi there,

The Error code 0xF1 indicates that the ADF feeder for the scanner may be jammed.

Have you checked for any stuck pieces of paper inside the ADF sheet feeder on top of the printer?