Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized HP Partner, 15+ years with printer support issues
63083622

Pixma 550 - what is B200 error?

Customer Question

Pixma 550 - what is B200 error?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Wes replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be advising you today. The B200 error usually means there is a problem with the print head. Sometimes removing and cleaning the print head will clear the error, other times the only solution is to replace the print head or the printer itself.

You can try some very basic troubleshooting by removing all of the ink tanks, then the print head itself, placing them back into the printer (with the power off of course) then leaving the printer unplugged for about 5-10 minutes to drain the power out of the printer's main board. Then plug the printer back in and power it up. If you're lucky, it'll print again. If not... well, here's a video that shows more involved removal and cleaning of the components. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUB6oG20iMs

Expert:  Wes replied 2 months ago.

My #1 priority is your satisfaction and to provide you with the best experience possible. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Before you eave today, please remember to rate my service by scrolling back to the top/beginning of our conversation and selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen. If you have any follow up questions or need more assistance on this issue, please use the reply box to let me know and I'll respond as soon as I am able. Also make sure to add me as a favorite expert. By the way, we do more than computer support here at Just Answer. We have experts that can answer questions on subjects ranging from taxes, to legal, to cars, to appliances, to just about anything.

If you are not sure how to rate my answer, please see the help information here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl