Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Engineer
Experience:  MS Electrical and Computer Engg.
16465236

I have a Canon MG 3650 printer and a Acer Chromebook

Customer Question

Hi i have a Canon MG 3650 printer and a Acer Chromebook CB3-431 . I am having problems setting the printer up I have followed the Canon setup proceedier for this model, but i still cant get it to print . I purchased the printer from PC world ,hear in and they assured me this was the correct printer for Chrome book. I dont know if the printer is on line but i have followed Set up instructions for europe . Is thi the right printer for Chromebook ,or would you advise another model, (this is the second mg3650 i have bought and had the same trouble so i thought it was faulty) Can you Help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

To set up this printer on a wireless network you will need a usb printer cable. It is required for temporary use to configure the wireless interface on the printer. A usb printer cable has a flat connector on one end and a square connector on the other end. You can purchase one at any convenience store for about $10US. Please let me know when you have a printer cable and are ready to continue.