Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Office BX525WD/SX525WD Printer refuses to operate-The reason

Office BX525WD/SX525WD
Printer refuses to operate-The reason given is 'Filter Failed '-Can you help?

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

That generally means that you have an Apple computer, and something is wrong with the printer's driver on the computer. Installing the driver anew can help with this problem. Esp. the CUPS driver, if it is available.

Or, turning Off the printer, then going to System Preferences, Printers And Fax, then selecting the printer with one click, removing it with a click on the - button below, then restarting your computer, and when restarted, going back to Printers And Fax and using the + button to Add the printer back into the system again, can be tried, too.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.