Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

As soon as I switch the printer on, the light comes on

As soon as I switch the printer on, the green light comes on fully, followed immediately by the two red lights flashing on and off alternatively with the green light now off. Earlier today the printer worked perfectly well
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am prepared to wait. The red lights keep on flashing alternately about once a second. i have never experienced this before
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hi, my name isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your printer.

May I know the make and model number of your printer?

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Epson Stylus Photo R220

I apologize for the delay in my response. Could you please go to the link below, and let me know the exact error you get?

https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/r220__/r220__rf/trble_1.htm

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
on switching the green light on, the two red lights keep flashing on and off, the green light having got off

Make sure that you are using exact model, and original cartridges. Then, try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message. When inserting the cartridges back, make sure you insert the black cartridge first.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot remove the ink cartridges because the holder containing them is immovable. This is no doubt tied up with the green light going off immediately after switch on. I'll call on my technician to see what can be done.

It seems a hardware issue. The carriage is jammed, that is why you are getting the error. And that is why you are not able to move the carriage.

Can you try moving the carriage manually using your hand? Do it three to five times.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have moved the carriage as you said several times I have also taken the individual inks out and restored them. However there is no change.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I meant the ink carriage
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have now moved - lifted - the entire printer a few times. No change

It seems a hardware issue. You may have to get the printer repaired. I suggest you contact a local repair shop in order to get the printer repaired.

Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One response I obtained from an Epson file yesterday was : Parts of your printer are at the end of their service life.
I have now given up the printer, which I estimate to be 10 years old or longer.

If it is too old, it is better to get a new printer instead of getting it repaired. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Customer/p>