Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Engineer
Experience:  MS Electrical and Computer Engg.
16465236

I have an epson XP-420 and it says error 0x60. This is after

Customer Question

hello! I have an epson XP-420 and it says error 0x60. This is after I cleaned the printhead with a professional kit. I received a few notifications about how my cartridges weren't placed correctly and I though I resolved it but the error code showed the next time i turned the printer on.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 28 days ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Please open the cover to the carriage bay with the power of and notice whether the carriage centers itself. Then disconnect the power cable and move the carriage manually from side to side by applying a gentle force, just enough to overcome friction. Please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I'm not sure what to do from here. I have turned the printer on and off and left it open for 24 hours. I can't move the printerhead when its off and I can't move it when its on because of the error code
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
what do i do
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
this isn't working
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
owhat should i do. I have tried leaving it for 24 hours and it didn't work
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
what do you recommend I do?

It isn't about how long you leave it off. My advice was to notice whether the carriage centered itself automatically when you opened the door to the carriage bay. Then to move it manually after disconnecting the power cable. Please let me know what happened when you followed these instructions.