19matt84
19matt84, Technician
Experience:  Copier and Printer Service Technician
66556486

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus, and have a problem

Hello, I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus, and have a problem with printing which has suddenly developed. I printed some copies of a coloured image on white background, and the printer took a long time to start, but there was a wing of cogs noise which I thought was the inkjets combining to mix the colour. However, I have just tried to print an ordinary black print on white background copy and the same thing is happening. I have changed the black ink cartridge because the original seemed to be low, but it has made no difference. What can I do please?
Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wireless
Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: just a few minutes ago actually - it came up on the screen saying I could download updates which I did.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no - is that enough to give him a clue?

Hi, I'm Matt and I'd be happy to assist you.

Does the printer do the same thing when making a copy or just when printing from your computer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Matt. Both actually

Are you getting any error messages on the printer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No error messages
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no error messages appear on the screen

Ok, lets try unplugging the printer. Wait for 3 minutes. Then plug in and turn on the printer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK will do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have plugged in again and switched on. Shall I try a copy?

Yes, Please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok - it is still doing the same thing - lots of cogs wirring but a long time before it seems to connect to pull a copy through.

But it does eventually pull the copy through?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for delay, family crisis: Yes it does eventually
Is the copy quality ok when it finally outputs?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning Matt - still trying to solve this problem please? Yes the quality is OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am trying to do a print run of 14 copies at the moment and it is amazingly slow. It sounds as though there is something stopping the pick-up of paper to put through, but I cannot find any paper jam or anything that could stop it.

Lets upgrade the firmware of the printer. This can be done from your computer or from the printer control panel.

Please see the attached image for the procedure on how to do it directly from the printer.