Shaz Yousaf
Shaz Yousaf, Consultant
Experience:  MSc Computer Networks & Security
104442872

We have a Canon Pixma Printer where the ink absorber is

We have a Canon Pixma Printer where the ink absorber is almost full. Where would I get a replacement-Rymans? and can I fix it?
JA: What's the model of your printer?
Customer: K 10355 QC3-4907 db01-01
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: Can open the lid to cartridges and the message when printing says "Ink absorber almost full".
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No only how to replace it

Welcome to JustAnswer! I’m Shaz, a professional IT expert. I have over 8 years of experience in the industry with a Master’s Degree in Computer Networks and Security. I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When will you get back to me?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is not sounding good. Will you email me with a straight forward answer!

You will need to replace the ink absorber however the details provided regarding the model do not seem to be correct.

Can you confirm the model number so i can provide instructions on purchasing a replacement and instructions on how to replace your self.

Please ignore any remote session offers the website does this by default and its not me. As far as i am concerned once you have provided the model number i can provide you with all the information you will need in an email.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where will I find the model number?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
MP280

Your printer's model number should be in plain view on the top and/or the front of your printer. Canon printer models usually have model names that begin with 2 or 3 letters--such as iP, MP, MF, MX, MG, MB, or LBP, to name a few--followed by as many as 4 numerals.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
MP280-Hope this is right.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Shaz are you able to advise?

Yes, i am just trying to find a supplier for you and will then also provide instructions on replacing

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks very much.R

Ok you can clean the pad in your model and then carry out a reset but its a very messy job. I will now write up instructions for you.

Please find instructions below on cleaning and resetting;

1.

Fill a large bowl with warm, soapy water and set it aside. Put on the rubber gloves.

2.

Open the ink cartridge compartment. Depending on your Canon printer model, this compartment may be in the front or the back of the machine.

3.

Wait for the ink cartridges to move all the way over, then disconnect the printer's power cord.

4.

Look for a black rubber frame under the ink cartridge assembly. This contains the ink absorbing pads.

5.

Pull the rubber frame out of the printer and remove the ink absorbing pads. The number of pads varies by model.

6.

Place the pads in the bowl. Rub and squeeze them to remove the ink. When the water becomes opaque with ink, discard the solution and refill the bowl with more warm, soapy water. Continue this procedure until all ink is removed from the pads.

7.

Squeeze the excess water from the pads and place them on a stack of three or four paper towels to dry.

8.

Check the pads every hour to determine if they are dry. If the paper towels become saturated, change them out.

9.

Place the pads back in the rubber frame when they are completely dry. Reinstall the frame in the printer.

10.

Press and hold the "Power" button and reconnect the power cord. When the printer comes on, release the button. Wait five seconds and push the "Power" button again. This resets the printer's internal memory and overrides the "Ink Absorber Full" error code.

Things Needed

Large bowl

Warm water

Dish detergent

Rubber gloves

Paper towels

In case point 10 does not work for you in terms of the reset please follow the below;

1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button.

(Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)

2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button.

(Do not release the Power button.)

3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 3 times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons.

(Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)

During initialization, the LED blinks in green.

4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)

After the function (menu) is selected, press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service, not the situation that I have no control over.

Your rating my service today is the only way I am paid by the website for using my valuable time. This is done by scrolling all the way to the top of the screen and clicking the stars.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help you more but please never rate negatively without giving me a chance to help further.

Thankyou.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Shaz-Is there a diagram as to where the pads are as they are not immediately evident ? R

Hello, let me try get on for you

I’m struggling to find a diagram that specifically points out the ink pad I will continue with my search
I have been searching through images also and no luck
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. No Probs-I think we will call it a day. Many thanks for your help.R
Can you send me the serial number
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
MP280.
Ok I would appreciate if you can rate my service by selecting all the 5 starts at the top of this screen so I am credited for my time today
The serial number includes 4 capital letters and 5 digits