Syseng
Syseng, Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft Certified with over 17 years experience in system integration and development
13852270

My OfficeJet Pro 7720 was delivered without set up

My OfficeJet Pro 7720 was delivered without set up cartridges. The seller, urboturbo, says HP do not provide set up cartridges. But, when I bought HP 953 cartridges, the printer would not accept, telling me to "Use SET UP cartridges that came with your printer". Must I return the printer and demand a refund, or is there a user-friendly solution?
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: HP OfficeJet Pro 7720 .
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: About a week.
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: It`s set-up. Should be independent of outside hardware, isn`t it?
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I`m waiting to start using my brand-new printer.

My name is David.

Urboturbo is not correct - the printer should have the setup cartridges included in the box. If they are not included, you must return them to the merchant (Urboturbo) for a refund or exchange.

The initial printer setup requires the setup cartridges to perform proper calibration of the printer. The printer will not function properly without them.