JakeUK
JakeUK, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  IT Services, 10 Years Experience, Bsc Business IT, MCSA, PRINCE2, CompTia (A+,Network+,Server+,Security+)
105381324

I am trying unsuccessfully to download the software for my

i am trying unsuccessfully to download the software for my epson XP-900 printer
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: epsonXP-900
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: i tried this morning and then had to go out and when i came back i had another go and i think i may have accidentally uninstalled it
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes can you phone me on***********
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello! Thanks for your query. Let me quickly review your question, hopefully we can find a quick and easy solution for you!

Was anyone able to get anywhere with this for you yesterday? I am happy assist if the query is still outstanding.

Jake

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No no one got back to me

OK no problem, may I ask, are you attempting to connect to the printer via USB or WI-FI? it may be quicker for me to remotely access your PC and take a look?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I think we can do this on line

OK, no problem.

Are you able to navigate to the following website HERE, enter the name of your printer, click setup and then the DOWNLOAD BUTTON to get the software required to set up the printer?

can you let me know far this gets you?

Jake

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I I got the printer set up with ink and paper etc it’s an Epson XP-900 I have half an hour now but have to leave at 9.45
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The printer says register to Epson

I also need to leave at 9.45 :)

Ignore the register, that isnt required. If you could run the setup software from the above link that should walk through the steps to get you connected. Also, can you confirm the printer is plugged into the computer with a USB lead, or you are trying to connect to it wirelessly? If you have the USB lead, can you please connect it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am going to use my iPhone to talk to you on the online support so that I can look at the relevant screens on the iMac
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have connected through wi fi I have tapped on my WiFi code

Sure, no problem. Please don't worry if we cannot resolve this before 9.45, we can return to this anytime you like.

You have tapped wifi code on the screen of the printer? what screen does it show you next?

Actually, if your router has a button on it called WPS we can connect the printer by pressing that, could you take a look?

Jake

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says I can register to Epson from Epson connect services menu remind you later do I press ok yes on left or no on right

press no. there is no need to register. it will remind you later.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says a new firmware is released update firmware from settings menu

OK. ignore that for now. can you click on WI-fi setup on the home screen, then Wi-fi(recommended)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am just checking the updates in my Apple store

Your Apple store updates will not have anything to do with the printer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so what does printer mean when it says update the new firmware
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did recently try and install some new security

Firmware is the software loaded onto the tiny computer within the printer, newer firmware gives you some new features, but I can ensure you you do not need to update formware to get connected and get using your printer. Security software is also not relevant to getting your printer connected

Do you have a button called WPS on your internet router (the box that connects you to the internet)?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That’s helpful I wonder why printer has referred to it ! Now I need to get my iMac to recognise my printe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will go and look
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What does it look like

I don't know what router you have but on the side or top or back should be a button with WPS written on it/ or beside it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don’t need to speak to you I have pressed the black button and an orange light is flashing

OK on the printer screen, can you click on WI-fi setup on the home screen, then Wi-fi(recommended)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am now adding my printer

OK. Let me know which step you get to?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have have half solved my problem thank you I must go now but I will contact again to learn how to register my computer what does the cd do
No problem, if you could rate the support at the top of the conversation I would appreciate that. Contact me again to continue this conversation
Jake
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will rate it when we finish but thank you
Good afternoon. I wonder when you might be free to conclude your support request?
Thanks,
Jake