JakeUK
JakeUK, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  IT Services, 10 Years Experience, Bsc Business IT, MCSA, PRINCE2, CompTia (A+,Network+,Server+,Security+)
105381324

I Bought an HPENVY 500 series printer yesterday and I now

I Bought an HPENVY 500 series printer yesterday and I now find that someone has hacked into it and I can't use it anymore and I'm worried about the safety of my computer
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: iMac OS
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: I opened it this morning but it could have gone on all night as I last used it yesterday evening
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I wouldn't know how to do that
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment

Hello! Thanks for your query. Let me quickly review your question, hopefully we can find a quick and easy solution for you!

How do you mean someone has hacked into it? What makes you think this?

Jake

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On the printer information page I saw 2 messages with other information. I can't use the printer at all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Whilst I wait for the Phone call can you please continue to give me advice?

I do not think someone has hacked your printer. what error do you get now when attempting to print?

Jake

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My hacker's network address is: 192.168.1.74 hpe4e7498cbaOb.local Hardware address E4E7498CBAOB
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I get"looking for the printer" and then there was a warning from another website

that is your printer. would you like to do a remote support session where i log into your pc and take a look?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HP8CBA0B self-signed certificate lasting to 2028 Greenwich
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is my printer and yes, please have a look
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not eh one with the word Greenwich in it

if you can click on request premier support and 'remote assistance', it will offer me the service to connect to you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also get "Printer is not connected - presumably because someone else is using it from their location
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is all taking rather a long time and I have already requested and been accepted for a phone call where is the premier support click

My apologies,

Can you click this link HERE, it will download a little file called TeamviewerQS, please click on this file and 'Run'. Once you run the software, it will provide an ID and PASSWORD. If you type the ID and Password ***** me I can connect

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ID 245 617 801 Password *****

Thanks, ***** ***** run the program again and leave it open, and give me the ID and password ***** it states 'teamviewer not running' to me

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
245 617 801 - yd4h11