JakeUK
JakeUK, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  IT Services, 10 Years Experience, Bsc Business IT, MCSA, PRINCE2, CompTia (A+,Network+,Server+,Security+)
105381324

My printer is flashing between showing 2 and P on the little

My printer is flashing between showing 2 and P on the little window and won't work despite anything I try
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: using a USB,but it won't even do a photo copy just continues to flash,I used just a few days ago with no problem
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: never,I don't know how to
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you

Good morning, how are you today?

Would you be able to let me know the make and model of your printer so that I can assist you with this?

Jake

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a canon pixma MG3250,I've tried resetting it according to trouble shooting in the manual ,I've turned of off etc but nothing changes

The Canon MG3250 can display this error for a few reasons. It could be that one or both of the cartridges are not inserted into the printer correctly. One or both of the cartridges may have failed electrically, and need to be replaced.

There may be a paper jam, check the printer thoroughly for any small pieces still stuck inside.

The encoder film strip may have some dirty marks on it, and therefore needs cleaning. The encoder film strip in the clear strip of plastic that the printer carriage runs on. Be extremely careful when touching this, as it is very delicate.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply,I have checked for jammed paper but last time I used the printer it was working fine and hasn't had a paper jam since working perfectly.I can't get the ink cartridges out as they are jammed on the right and don't move as they should when you open the hatch to replace them.

Ah, that would be the issue then. To be quite honest with you, it would be most cost effective at this point to replace the printer than pay for it to be repaired. A replacement Canon printer starts at around £50 on Amazon. what are your thoughts?

Jake

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks that was what I was thinking too,get a new one, only trying to get it going as pressing work printing to do :( thank you

No problem at all. Please remember to rate the service by selecting the stars at the top of the conversation, otherwise the website will not compensate me for my time. (5 stars would be most appreciated!)

Even after rating, you are more than welcome to continue asking questions.

Many thanks,

Jake

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not the immediate response to my problem I was expecting going by the advertising, that gives the impression its immediate which it certainly wasn't,waste of money