JakeUK
JakeUK, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  IT Services, 10 Years Experience, Bsc Business IT, MCSA, PRINCE2, CompTia (A+,Network+,Server+,Security+)
105381324

It keep on printing in colours unlike the true ones, H P

It keep on printing in colours unlike the true ones
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: H P ENVY 5532
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: jUST A COUPLE OF DAYS
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I DO NOT KNOW
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: when I FIRST BOUGHT THIS PRINTER ITS COLOUR PRINTING WAS PERFECT AND NOW IT HAS HAS TOO MUCH RED AND TOO MUCH BLUE

Hello! Thanks for your query. Let me quickly review your question, hopefully we can find a quick and easy solution for you!

Jake

Could we start with cleaning the print heads on the printer. to do this:

From the Home screen on the printer display, select Tools.

NOTE: If you do not see the Home screen, press the Back button until you can see it.

From the Tools menu on the printer display, select Clean Printhead. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Would you be able to let me know if this sorts the colour issue?

Jake

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jake I have done as you asked and the print quality has improved so I have cleaned again and this time I get excellent blues reds and purple but no other colours

Hmm ok. May I ask how old the cartridges are? if you go back to that Tools menu, can you also run 'Align Printer' and let me know if that helps?

Jake

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Cartridges are kept up to date by H P but I have not printed in colour for some time

It may be the cartridges have got a bit dry. other than swapping them for new cartridges, you could attempt to clean the heads of the cartridges. I have attached two images which better explain how you can do this, with images to assist.

Are you OK to try this and let me know?

Jake

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jake I am aligning the scanned page and it says it is O K shall I try printing again, but if I do I will lose our connection

Yes please try printing again, you can minimize this window so that you can open our chat again

Jake

How did you get on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jake I have printed the page again with the same results. I have a new colour cartridge shall I fit it and try again

Yes, try that. you can always take it out again if it does not resolve the issue.

Sorry that this is a slow process, it is difficult to troubleshoot printer issues remotely!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
O K I understand and will try the new one now. Hang on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jake we have done it the print is now showing true colours thank you

wonderful, good stuff. I believe the ink must have got dry, which happens if not used often. Glad it is sorted

Please remember to rate the service by selecting the stars at the top of the conversation, otherwise the website will not compensate me for my time. (5 stars would be most appreciated!)

Even after rating, you are more than welcome to continue asking questions.

Many thanks,

Jake