Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Engineer
Experience:  MS Electrical and Computer Engg.
16465236

I have recently changed from a Windows laptop to an Apple

Customer Question

I have recently changed from a Windows laptop to an Apple Macbook Air and have installed my wonderful Canon MG4250 inkjet printer to run on the Macbook. Unfortunately, whilst the printer has the function to run double sided printing I cannot find any option for setting that in the printer options. Your advice on how I can do this would be much appreciated.
JA: What's the model of your printer?
Customer: MG4250
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: I am getting no error messages, I can open the cartridge cover fine. When I go to print a document on a Windows laptop I get setting preferences for double sided printing but there are no such preferences on the macbook.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The printer driver I am using on my Macbook is MG4200 series as I could not find one specific to MG4250. My operating system is MacOS 10.14 [Mojave]
Category: Printers
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble.

What troubleshooting have you tried?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I searched through system preferences for printer settings and there is no option available for double sided printing. If I connect my old windows laptop to my printer I am perfectly able to print double sided, just not with the MG4200 printer driver on my macbook air?

Can we do a remote session so i can fix this for you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No don't worry, I am now directly in touch with Canon customer service who have a solution. Please disregard my request for assistance.

You can request cancellation by calling 1(###) ###-####/p>