Philip Wessels
Philip Wessels,
Experience:  owner at point zero
106201380

I have a very old Brother MFC-J461ODW AND IT IS TELLING ME

Customer Question

I have a very old Brother MFC-J461ODW AND IT IS TELLING ME "PAPER TRAY NOT DETECTED YET BOTH TRAYS ARE FIRMLY IN...CAN YOU HELP
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: very old Brother MFC-J461ODW
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: ABOUT A WEEK
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: NEVER AS FAR AS I AM AWARE
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: AS I SAID ITS A VERY OLD PRINTER AND BEEN WONDERFUL BUT IT JUST STATED TO PLAY UP
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HAS SOMEONE RANG ME
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Philip Wessels replied 5 months ago.

Hi My name is***** see that you need a live call. I cannot assist you with that today but I can try help you online.

Can you please open the unit to see if there is a front paper jam ?

Unplug the printers power from the wall. After you removed the paper tray - look and see inside if there is not a paper jam - or sheet of paper jammed up in the top. Pull it out carefully and slowly if there is a sheet there. I will stand by to hear if you have found this issue or not?

I have not hear back from you in a few days so I will presume you have found a solution to the problem. Please don't forget top rate my service. I am on standby if you need any further assistance :)