SMukherjee89
SMukherjee89,
105679275

I get the Printer Failure message. I have checked internet

Customer Question

I get the Printer Failure message. I have checked internet connection - OK. Printer has had all new HP cartridges today. Will not photocopy or print from my PC
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: HP Officejet 6600
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: Since yesterday evening. Somebody sent me a document in an obscure format to print. It came up as Invalid Image. I corrected it by on/off/ and by retyping in the printer type in printer box because it kept losing the information. It went wrong again today and I can't get it back
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: You'll have to explain - I do put in updates on the PC when they appear.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so
Category: Printers
Expert:  SMukherjee89 replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Good Afternoon! This is Sandeep from JustAnswer.com which is an independent Paid Question and Answer site. I will be helping you with your issue today.
As I understand you are getting issue of HP Officejet 6600. Is that right?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
far people ask me the same questions and rack up the cost. £5, then £18 and now £30. Is this some sort of take-on?

Don't worry! I will not be charging you any further additional charges to guide you through the chat.

I will try to share some instructions through this chat and if that does not work will search and share contact links of HP as well without any charges. Is that Okay?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am a pensioner- so far how much has been taken from me?

Not really sure as I am not from Customer Care and I am from Technical Support.

If you need clarification regarding charges will share contact details of Customer Care team to you right now. Is that okay?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If as you state I have nothing more to pay, then that us fine. I do not want a surprise bill at the end of it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Has anything from the triple submits of information come to you yet.

Ok! So lets start on the issue you have,

I understand you are getting a Printer Failure message on HP Officejet 6600. Right?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Are you getting any error code along with that message?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It suggests I change cartridges- all are done and are HP ones. I have turned the printer on and off three times and reset its details in the Settings section of my PC.

Did you change the Black ink cartridge too? Because, I was checking on internet and one of the HP customers resolved by changing cartridge of black ink actually!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All the cartridges were changed today. The screen said ink or printer problem. Can't be ink now.

Alright! Please standby. I was checking on the web links of HP and found some steps to try. Kindly allow me 2-3 minutes to type it in for you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have I lost you

Follow these solutions in the order presented if your error message does not include an error code.

Solution one: Reset the printer

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

After completing the above steps, try sending a print job to the printer.

• If the Printer Failure error is resolved, continue to the next step to update the firmware.

• If the Printer Failure error is still present, continue to the next solution.

Solution two: Contact HP

Click Contact HP on this page to continue troubleshooting the issue with an HP Consumer Support representative.

• If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, continue to the next solution.

Solution three: Service the printer

Follow these steps only if the preceding solutions did not resolve the problem.

Service or replace your HP product if the issue persists after completing all the preceding steps.

Go to Contact HP Customer Support to schedule a product repair or replacement. If you are in Asia Pacific, you will be directed to a local service center in your area.

To confirm your warranty status, go to HP Product Warranty Check. Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty products.

If this does not help, you can contact HP using link below:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/contact/printers

Let me know if there is anything else too! I will be more than glad to assist.

Also, I would really appreciate if you can rate me on the effort using star options and submit button at top of this chat window by scrolling to top of the page as it really matters a lot to me.

Let me know the results and if there is anything else I can do to get a good rating from you please!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is pathetic. I had done all this hours ago. I am sorry if you reputation means a lot to you, but you are doomed to disappointment.

I am sorry that the steps did not help!

Let me know if it would help if the instructions in link below from HP helps you.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-6600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---H711/4322968/document/c03079130