Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

How do I connect I pad to printer wireless, Wireless, Didn’t

How do I connect I pad to printer wireless
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: Wireless
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Didn’t know I had to
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working fine previously? What's the model of your printer?
Besides the Apple iPad tablet, do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Can you please check the label on your printer for the model of it? Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am here ring me on number provided

I do live online support. I will help you here. Was it working fine previously? What's the model of your printer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model number MG 5550

Thank you. Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? Have you tried the option WLAN / Wireless LAN Setup on the printer's screen yet?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Please stay with me on this page, so I can help you. Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? Have you tried the option WLAN / Wireless LAN Setup on the printer's screen yet?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Online only waiting for reply

Did you see my last reply / solution above? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok

Use the Up / Down buttons on the printer, then do you see the option called WLAN? Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

You can click on the website below for the full instructions / illustrations for how to connect your Canon printer to your Wi-Fi wireless network name:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg5550_printer_wireless_connection_setup/#standardusb

- Also, you can click on the website below for the instruction video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvIoauKJE8o

- Does that work? Or is there any error or message?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thank you

Solution #1:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your Internet modem / router device(s) for about 3 minutes, then reconnect.
  2. Turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord from the printer for about 2 minutes. Then reconnect, then turn the printer back on.
  3. Wait about 5 minutes, then see if you can print now.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please go to the WLAN > Wireless LAN Setup option on the printer's screen, then select / connect to your regular Wi-Fi wireless network and password, and then check check printing. (Do not connect to the guest wireless network name if shown.)

- If needed, please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) to see if there is any passphrase / key / password ***** If yes, that is likely your Wi-Fi wireless password; it is case-sensitive.

Solution #3:

- If that still does not work, please have your internet service provider contact number ready in case there is internet issue. Then on your Apple iPad tablet, open the Settings app icon, then tap option General, then option Reset, then option Reset network settings and confirm / reset.

- Then the iPad will restart. Then go to Settings > Wi-Fi on your iPad, then select / connect to your regular Wi-Fi wireless network name and password, then check printing (same as you did on the printer; do not connect to any guest network name if shown.)

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you for your patience.