Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Engineer
Experience:  MS Electrical and Computer Engg.
16465236

I HAVE A bROTHER MFC 5460CN MACHINE, I can not get it to

Customer Question

I HAVE A bROTHER MFC 5460CN MACHINE , I can not get it to print , it comes up saying " paper jam , remove back cover and remove paper jam . I have done this 3 times and i have not found any paper jam . I HAVE alco disconnected the electric supply, and have left it for a period of time , but when i reconnect it it still tells me the same thing , could you please help me ?
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: It is a Brother MFC 5460CN
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: THIS IS THE 1ST TIME THAT IT HAS DONE THIS . IN THE PAST I HAVE HAD A PAPER JAM ONCE OR TWICE , BUT I HAVE DONE AS TOLD AND IT HAS WORKED AGAIN .
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I DO NOT THINK THAT IT HAS BEENUPDATED
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO, THAT IS FINE , THANK YOU
Category: Printers
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 2 months ago.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please