Syseng
Syseng, Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft Certified with over 17 years experience in system integration and development
13852270

Telling me toner not installed but it is, samsong

telling me toner not installed but it is
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: samsong CLX-6260FW
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: just started
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: also showing me paper empty im MP tray i ony have one tray on the bottom of the printer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** to hear you are having trouble with your printer.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know the result.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi David, did as you suggested but still have the same problem paper empty in MP tray and M toner not installed. i know toner is there.

Ok then next click the following link to open the drivers/firmware download web site for your printer:

click here

Then click the All Drivers link to expand it.

Scroll down and click to expand Firmware.

Download the firmware update file that matches the exact model number of your printer (the second firmware file).

Then select Run if prompted, otherwise go to your Downloads directory and double click on the firmware update file and follow the prompts to complete the firmware update installation.

Then power down and power up your printer and test to see if the problem is fixed.

Syseng, Engineer
Experience: Microsoft Certified with over 17 years experience in system integration and development
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am sorry I couldn't take your call as it was 1.30am UK time, I was sleeping. I hope you are not charging me for this call? If you could call me from 3pm UK time until 9pm this evening I would appreciate it. Thank you

Did you complete the instructions I posted above for updating the firmware?