Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I want to scan a document on my Canon MX535 printer,

I want to scan a document on my Canon MX535 printer
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: Microsoft surface laptop
JA: How long has this been going on with your MX535?
Customer: there is not necessarily a problem....I just don't know how to scan my document
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your jo-1019
Customer: dont know - it is one I hva from my office ….so probably fairly recently
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am working with the printer directly connected to my computer as I cannot make the wifi system between them work

I'm sorry about your scan issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Please click on the Start menu (which is the small Windows logo icon located at the bottom left of your computer's screen), then scroll down the list of your programs as needed. Then click on the item Canon Utilities if shown. Then click on the program IJ Scan Utility program. Then click on the option Document or Photo in the IJ Scan Utility program, and it should scan.

- If you do not see the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer, then please click on the website below:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx535.html?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:14-1144235

- There, download and install the item MX530 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows).

- Once the installation is finished successfully, then you will have the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer. that you can use for scanning. (Click on Start menu > Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility.)

Please let me know if there is still any issue. We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.