Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

New printer setup, trying to get claim code for instant ink

New printer setup, trying to get claim code for instant ink but no icon being displayed.
Assistant: What's the model of your printer?
Customer: HP Envy 5020
Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: No error msgs, wiring for ink choice being displayed, I can access the cartridge covers.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you. Secure Remote Assistance is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

I'd be happy to help you get a new valid claim code. Please complete the following steps:

• (1) On the printer control panel, press the Wireless button and the Information button at the same time.

• (2) A Network Configuration Page prints.

• (3) Find the IP address on the page.

If the page does not list an IP address, the printer and the router are not connected. Use one of the following methods to connect and find the printer IP address.

• (3a) Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer until the Wireless light blinks, and then press the WPS button on your router. Wait for the wireless • light to stop blinking and remain solid, print another Network Configuration Page, and then find the IP address.

• (3b) Press the Wi-Fi Direct button on the printer control panel, open the list of available networks on the computer, and then connect the computer to HP-• Print-xx-[your printer model name]. Once connected, the printer IP address is 192.168.223.1. (Run the Wireless wizard, then refresh your connection and put the computer back on your network)

• (4) Type the IP address into the address bar of an Internet browser, and then press Enter.

• (5) The EWS opens in the browser.

• (6) Click the Network tab, click Wireless (802.11) from the left side of the window, and then click Network Address (IPv4).

• (7) Tick the circle for Manual IP and click the Suggest a Manual IP Address button to autofill the data.

• (8) Tick the circle for Manual DNS Server and enter 8.8.8.8 in the Preferred and 8.8.4.4 in the Alternate.

• (9) Click Apply,

• (10) With your printer ON, disconnect the power cable from the rear of your printer

• (11) Next, disconnect the power cable from your router

• (12) Leave your router disconnected for 1 minute

• (13) Plug your router back in

• (14) Plug your printer back in. Your printer should start back up on its own

• (15) Once your printer comes on, try to enable Web Services. (Return to the EWS and Click the Web Services tab. In the Web Services Settings section, click Setup, click Continue, and follow the onscreen instructions to accept the terms of use. If prompted, choose to allow the printer to check for and install printer updates.)

and then restart the printer.

A new @hpeprint.com email address will display on your printer or you can print the infor page to obtain it. The claim code is the beginning part of the ePrint address.

-------------

Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am here to help you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have the Wi Fi button but can't see an Info button

You can check under network properties