Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I am loading a Printer Canon MG3650S on to my HP laptop

I am loading a Printer Canon MG3650S on to my HP laptop (using Windows 8)and it is stuck in Status: Device setup in progress.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now allows you to install it.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Picture of printer on screen Status says Device setup in progress this is where it was stuck before.

Are you trying to install it via USB or wireless?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Wireless

Can you please remove the power to your wifi router, then wait 2 minutes, connect the power, restart the computer and try to again install the printer.

Let me know how you go please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am an OAP aged 76 I cannot afford remote support or phone calls could you please try to help me in the most simplest way possible I will try to follow your instructions

No problem and thank you.

Let me know how you go with my last instructions please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Status is still “Device setup in progress”

If you go to start, control panel, devices and printers.

Do you now see the printer listed there in your list of printers?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is listed but it still saysDevice setup in progress

Ok, now restart the computer and try to print to it please.

Tell me what then happens.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I has now printed a document. Thank you

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.