Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I'm having problems with the printer recognising the black

I'm having problems with the printer recognising the black cartridge
JA: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?
Customer: Yes it says the following cartridge must be replaced but when replaced with genuine HP 301 it is not recognised either
JA: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?
Customer: the problem started with printer having worked with Hp cartridge then said the indicated cartridge is not intended for this printer.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: after not recognising the original HP cartridge I replaced with refilled one which gave the replacement message

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
have removed power cable talk in 10 mins

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Richard, this is Bob about the HP printer not recognising cartridges, I've disconnected printer for 10 mins and reconnected but still gives incompatible message with genuine HP cartridge which did work originally

If you change the cartridge and put the old one back in, does it recognize it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have the old one (HP) in now and not recognising it

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've already tried cleaning cartridge and connectors with warm water but no difference

It is the printhead that has faulted, in the printer.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but the printer still works in one cartridge mode does this not suggest print head working?

No, as its that cartridge holder that has faulted, usually the contact on it, that is all part of the one printhead.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK thanks for your help

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.