Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Engineer
Experience:  MS Electrical and Computer Engg.
16465236

My printer has started to refuse to print. The computer says

Customer Question

My printer has started to refuse to print. The computer says it can't find the printer but I have done nothing new and it printed fine 3 days ago.
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: By USB
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Ages ago . I can't remember !
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Rakshith A R replied 4 months ago.

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent paid Question & Answer web portal. My name is***** am happy to be assisting you today.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Is this the same computer to which the printer is connected?

May I know if you are still connected with me?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I don't want to pay more money for now

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Great thanks . I just want you to advise me , if necessary going through the steps online.

Sure. May I know since how long are you facing this issue?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
For 2 days

May I know if you are getting any error message while printing and May I know if you have tried any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did get a message to say printer was not connected to the computer , or words to that effect .
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I haven't tried trouble shooting as I don't know how to do so or where to do so .You are my first port of call as a friend recommended you to me .
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The message is that the computer is looking for the printer ....

Can you please try to restart your printer and see if it gets detected?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had done that twice already but will retry again now

Okay. Let me know once done.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Now its telling me its incorrect paper size which it isn't so I have reloaded it and will try again

Sure, let me know once you are done.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Now it says it is printing but it isn't !

Try to remove the USB chord connected to printer and the computer and re insert it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It just printed one page out of 13 and then stopped saying incorrect paper size.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK

May I know the make and model of the printer you are using?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did that . What is now happening is that after each age it tells me that it is the incorrect paper size and won't print any more so I pull out the printer paper tray and reinsert it , without doing anything to change the tray and then it decides it is happy and does another page and then tells me again that the paper size is wrong!

Okay. May I know the make and model of the printer you are using?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is an Epson XP 640

May I know if you are using a Windows computer or a MAC computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A Mac

Please try to follow the steps in the below link and see if you were able to fix the issue. Let me know if you find any difficulty.

https://www.epson.eu/viewcon/corporatesite/site/231/products/mainunits/faq/1299/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
difficulty ... It asks me to change printer setting information but the icon they say doesn't exist

Please try to follow the solution number 6 and see if you are able to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no icon that says size ignore and the drawing on their website showing the front of the printer is not the same as mine .My printer is an Expression Premium XP -640 printer so maybe we need different set of instructions for that ?

Unfortunately, I am out of ideas on this issue so I will send it back to the expert pool. So, other technicians will get an opportunity to help you to fix the issue.

You do not need to do anything and the next expert can read our previous conversation.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your help so far
Expert:  rahuljaexpert replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Rahul and I will be helping you with your issue today. To make sure I am giving you the correct solutions,i understand that you are facing issues with your Printer , Correct ?