Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I moved my rig to another room and now the printer and PC

I moved my rig to another room and now the printer and PC cant seem to see each other. Its an epson xp-245 cable connected.
JA: What Epson model do you have?
Customer: xp-245
JA: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?
Customer: just
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: dont know
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

I'm sorry about your printer issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Please try the followings:

- If you have a Windows computer:

1. Disconnect the USB printer cable from the computer for now.
  2. On the Windows computer, open Control Panel.
    ; (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window will open.)
  3. Open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.
  4. There, right-click on the Epson printer, then click on the option Remove device, and click on Yes to delete it for now.
    - Make sure all the Epson items are deleted there for now.
  5. Close the Control Panel window.
  6. Make sure the Epson printer is turned on.
  7. Connect the printer USB cable securely to both the printer and to another USB port, if available, on the computer.
  8. Wait a few minutes, and the Epson printer should be automatically be reinstalled on the computer.
  9. Then see if you can print now.

- If you have a Mac computer:

2. Click on the Apple logo icon at the upper left corner of your Mac computer's screen, then click on System Preferences.
  3. Click on Printers & Scanners.
  4. There, click on your Epson printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and confirm Yes to delete it for now.
    - Make sure there is not any Epson printer showing there for now.
  5. Make sure the Epson printer is turned on.
  6. Connect the printer USB cable securely to both the printer and to another USB port, if available, on the computer.
  7. Click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects your Epson printer.
  8. If yes, click on your Epson printer, then then click on Add.
  9. Then see if you can print now.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.