LakshmanReddy
LakshmanReddy,
106131387

My Pixma 315 allows me to print, but not to scan. Until

My Pixma 315 allows me to print, but not to scan. Until recently I have been unable to scan automatically, but via preview. Now I can't even find the scanner, although I can still print. I have an iMac OS sierra 10.13.6
JA: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?
Customer: I'll check. No.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I'm not sure
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I'll just check the driver software

Hi, this is Lakshman Reddy.You have reach JustAswer.com which is a Paid Question and Answer site. I will be helping you with your issue today.
As I understand you are getting issue of scanning with PIXMA 3150 printer. Am I correct on that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sorry not to have replied sooner, but things happened and then I managed to get the scanner up, via settings, but now I can't even do that, so am returning to ask for your help please.

Sure, I'll be glad to assist you with the issue.

Please respond me at your convenient time to continue troubleshooting the issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I open the scanner, via settings, all options are greyed out. I have pressed scan on the printer, with no result, I have force quit and I have tried unplugging, all to no avail.

Okay. I suggest you to open System Preferences, Printers and scanners and select the Canon Pixma and remove it by clicking the (-) and add it by clicking on (+).

Check if it works after adding it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you! Yes, it works. So simple, when you know how.

That's great!

You're welcome.

If you are satisfied with my service please do scroll to the top of the page and provide me with a rating it will be helpful for me. Thank you.