Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I am an old codger and not familiar with modern technology.

JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: I have a Canon Pixma MG 5650. I want to scan documents but I do not know how to get the printer icon on to my laptop
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: an HP laptop
JA: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?
Customer: I have never been able to use the scanning function since I bought it but it is not due to any Canon problem, I am the problem
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else, I can print out documents and the printer is working a charm I only want to scan documents that have been signed then get them back into my laptop

I'm sorry about your scanning issue. I'm glad to assist you today. Do you have the Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility program on your computer? If yes, can you open that program and scan there?
Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am sorry but I just have no idea of what or where canon utilities are. I only know how to type and use my laptop mostly for mail
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think it would be better if I had my neighbour in with me as I really have no idea about these things. I will get back to you guys. Thank you

Thank you. Please click on the small Windows logo icon at the bottom left of your computer's screen, then scroll down your list of programs as needed, then click on the item called Canon Utilities if shown, then click on the IJ Scan Utility program, then you can click on the option Document or Photo in the IJ Scan Utility program in order to do scanning.

- If you do not see Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility, then please download and install the item MG5600 series MP Drivers at the website below:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5650.html?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:14-1184987

- After the installation is finished successfully, then you will have the Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility program on your computer.

- If needed, I can also connect remotely to your computer and show you how to do scanning.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below, then click on the Send button below. Thank you for your patience.