Amarnath Sikdar
Amarnath Sikdar,
Experience:  L2 - Technical support at Zimplistic India Pvt Ltd
103391893

I have bought a HP chromebook and a canon pixma TS5050 all

Hi there. I have bought a HP chromebook and a canon pixma TS5050 all in one printer and scanner. I have hooked up the printer through the cloud .ok. It is wifi bluetoothted to my chromebook. Today I tried to operate the scanner but find I cannot do this via the printer, and need an app and drivers to operate it. My chromebook does not have a CD slot. I uploaded the CD onto my old PC which has Windows 10 on it. Again, I cannot make any software work on that either. I am quite cross that I have spent about six hours trying to make either my old computer or the new chromebook work via the Cloud. I have seen other people commenting that Canon simply do not work with chromebooks. I had no idea when I bought this printer/scanner a few months ago. I have only just got round to wanting to use the scanner unit. What am I supposed to do please?
JA: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?
Customer: It just goes to 'colour scan' or black and white scan Then I press ok, then it goes to Auto scan page and say B & W I press ok and it then goes backwards to the colour scan or blaack and white scan. It goes nowhere else
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Never it is brand new. I have been to your site and tried to download printer driver software to my chromebook and it wont do it
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want some sort of app that will let me use my scanner unit . II have tried to download this from google play and it wont work

Hello, Thank you for your question

This is Amarnath and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you face. I will certainly help you with it. Can we start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Are you chatting from the same chromebook?

Are you with me?

Can you able to print from the Chromebook?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
via the cloud, It is blue toothed to the printer

Please try the below steps.

You have click on the + (new document) on the app and it scans directly in Drive with the camera of the phone. It is faster than classic scanner. ... The HP All-in-one models allow scanning directly to your Chromebook by browsing to the printer's IP address. For other models, you might be able to scan directly to Drive

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cant get an app it wont download off Canon website

Chromebook does not support the APP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you mean I ahve to use a smart phone then?

The scanner cannot be used with a Chromebook. The scanners are only compatible with Windows or Mac OSX computers. You can also scan using our free Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app on an iOS or Android mobile device.

I am sorry for the that.

Let me know if you have any more question.

If you are satisfied with my effort please do scroll to the top of the page and provide me with a rating it will be helpful for me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Many thanks Amarnsth

Thank you. If you are satisfied with my effort please do scroll to the top of the page and provide me with a rating it will be helpful for me.

Thank you. It was a pleasure helping you.